ACL on TrueNAS
Posted on April 21, 2022 • 1 minutes • 140 words • Suggest Changes
ACL is not something I’m really familiar with, so these are just raw notes on how I deal with it in TrueNAS. Some more context might follow 😆
check permissions with
set them (chmod/chown) : (the order seems to be important)
setfacl -m [email protected]:rwxpdDaARWcs:fd:allow support setfacl -m [email protected]:dD::deny support
setfacl -m level:permissions:inhertance:allow|deny dir/file
- [email protected] : owner of the dir/file
- [email protected] : group that owns the dir/file
- [email protected] : others ?
- owner : a specific user other than the owner of the file/dir
- group : a specific group other than the owner of the file/dir
- everyone : ?
Permission letters :
r read_data w write_data x execute p append_data d delete_child D delete a read_attributes A write_attributes R read_xattr W write_xattr c read_acl C write_acl o write_owner S synchronize
Image by rojekilian